Monday 12 January 2015





Very Inspiring Blogger Award for Poems and Stories for Children 



An award for a novice
I was pleasantly surprised when I got a mail from Shri QamarWaheed Naqvi informing me that he had nominated me for Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I have been following Naqvi Saheb’s blog RaagDesh and admire him for the forthright position he takes on the issues that keep disturbing us as individuals and as a society. I never thought that he held such a high opinion about my blog.

I am grateful that Shri Qamar Waheed Naqvi found my blog inspiring. I really like writing poems and stories for children. My first story was published in Nandan, a premier magazine for children and till now about ninety stories have been published, mostly in Champak and few in Nandan. But to get a story published is a tiring exercise. My son suggested that,rather than sending and re-sending manuscripts to publishers who don’t even respond, I should start my own blog . Now I only wish that many children get to read my poems and stories.

The rules of the award require that I write 7 things about me and nominate 15 bloggers.

These are 7 things about me:
1. I was a bureaucrat for 33+ years but always felt that I was in a wrong profession.
2. I write well but surprisingly communicate poorly.
3. I am an introvert who is scared of sharing his feelings.
4. I hate TV debates and like to read only sports news.
5. I am a Nadal fan and find his desire to win every match amazing.
6. I think that Arnold Toynbee was perhaps right in calling India a declining civilization.
7. I like to read Frederick Forsyth, Ludlum, Robin Cook, and Arthur Hailey, to mention a few writers.

And now my nominations for Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
It is rather difficult for a novice like me to judge the calibre of bloggers who have been blogging for many months and years. In a way it would be presumptuous to do so; but rules must be followed; that is what bureaucracy has taught me.  I find Scattered Thoughts of Maniparna very fascinating. The photographs on Chayachitrakar and joshi Daniel photography blogs are just beautiful. The hard work that Bhavikk Shah puts in his analysis is praiseworthy.

I could go on but let me just conclude and give my list of 15 blogs;
2. Words
10. I Share
13. lamhat

I congratulate all of you and wish that all of you keep inspiring all of us with your engaging and fascinating writings and photographs.

The Very Inspiring Blogger Award rules (what will we do without rules?)are as follows:
·        Display the award on your blog
·        Link back to the person who nominated you
·        State 7 things about you
·        Nominate 15 bloggers for the award, link to them and notify them about the nominations

16 comments:

  1. Thank you so much I B Arora sir, I am really honored to be nominated for this prestigious awards on two top blogs on the same day....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Aroraji, it means a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. if i am not mistaken you too had nominated me for some award, but regrettably i forgot to acknowledge it. but you are too nice to take note of such follies

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your stories and poems. It bring back my childhood days. Congratulations on the award and thanks a ton for nominating me. Truly honored. :)

    I am sorry, there seems to be some issue with Indimail, so couldn't reply there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sir
    M honored to accept the award from u sir..
    Thanks and I accept it
    have a wonderful day ahead
    Regards
    Bhavikk shah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for honoring me thus!
    Many congrats to you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the Award. And thanks a lot for nominating me. Means a lot to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stories and poems are so lovely.... I told that bank robbery story of Mr Jackal to my son..he enjoyed it a lot :-)

    You're a bureaucrat? That's amazing... and errr....yes, might be a wrong profession indeed for a writer like you ( hope you won't mind )

    Congrats for the award and thanks for nominating me..really means a lot Sir :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for nominating me for this award.... I try to do my best here....Sorry for some delay in replying to you in this as I am presently busy with my children's visit to me from abroad and the 3 yr old grand son is totally keeping me busy up to month end.... Congrats for you too in this context....

    ReplyDelete